Work at home Academy
10 easy tips to start a medical transcription job. Start your career from home
Home bases Medical transcriptionist business
Work at home Academy
Get amazing ideas for your at home business
Any ideas to become a Home Medical Transcriptionist?
Quick 10 tips to become a Professional Medical Transcriptionist
Ben had a wide knowledge in medical field and he didn't know where to start his career.One Day he came across informations about Home based Medical Transcription in the business in the internet and he took ahead the opportunity and now he has his own Medical transcription business. If Ben can, So do you.
“To seize the opportunity is easy for those who are ready for it, as I thought in life”- Ibrahim Al hejji.
1. First have a good foundation about the knowledge of your work. This includes getting a training course in medical transcription field as well as having a wide knowledge in medical field, good typing and listening skill and learn medical related abbreviation for quick typing.
2. Get ideas from experienced medical transcriptionist who are already well established in the field.
Also find out ways to get experience in your work by going to hospitals and talking to doctors and doing some easy work for them at the start.
3. With the start up cost invest on equipments like fast computer, medical related books for guide, writing skill books and get a directory where you can find doctors who are in need of medical transcriptionist and have a small library with resources related to your work.
4. The intial start up earning can be from $10-15 an hour and after you gain recognition you can even earn up to $40 per hour. Make sure your work is to the clients expectation, and start to introduce many new services and new equipments to enhance your work.
5. Sometimes home based transcriptionist may be a very stressful job so you need to have a lot of patience, there are times where you will have a deadline for your work and you have to sit in front of the computer for long hours.
6. Be very attentive and careful in the work. Avoid mistakes in what you type or create because doctors will only allow 2% errors in your work. Make sure you write your report error free as these documents are related to patients, health and medicine.
7. Have a goal in your business or work. Plan what type of services you are going to start with. Begin with a small area with few clients, when your medical transcription business is expanding introduce wider services and go for more clients. You can also hire some more medical transcriptionist to work with when your business is huge.
8. Once you are established in your work, start focusing on researching. Eg: Go to medical conferences, meet doctors and talk to them, go to forums with other MTs. Become member in online medical associations.
9. Marketing your MT skills is very easy. Create a resume and publish it in online MT job directories, search for private physicians, clinics and inquire if they need any help.You can also initially begin with doctors you may know. Once you are on the go print some business cards and provide it to hospitals and doctors.
This is a very rewarding and responsible job. So step ahead only if you find yourself dedicated to the work, with experience and time you can successfully become a professional MT in the long run.
Research center team Work at home academy