Top Ten Down-line Failures in Multi-level Marketing
Many people fail at MLM and run off to tell about it. Unfortunately these folks are never honest about why the failed: the blame is always on the opportunity, the product or the recruit’s respective up-line. The true is most people fail for common reasons that are reflections of their own behavior.
Multi -level marketing (MLM) or relationship marketing are proven to be very profitable opportunities. These opportunities allow the common person to learn about themselves, build networks and seek unlimited income possibilities.
However, many people fail at MLM and run off to tell about it. Unfortunately these folks are never honest about why the failed: the blame is always on the opportunity, the product or the recruit’s respective up-line. The true is most people fail for common reasons that are reflections of their own behavior.
Here I list ten common mistakes, or behaviors, that are common among new recruits and lead to failure.
1) You needed it. If you need the opportunity you’re too stressed to be patient and disciplined. Customers and prospects can sense desperation a mile out.
Yes there are a few legends that went from rags to riches, but for every shooting star there are a million floating in place.
2) Poor belief system. As with anything in life if your belief system is poor you’re finished at the starting line.
As a new recruit the word, “no”, takes away a piece of your humanity and by the end of the first week most folks are ready to throw in the towel. When I hear this I always ask, “What happened the week you quit”?
MLM opportunities like Momentis focuses on improving the belief system of new recruits. Momentis even pays their new representatives for showing an improved level of self-belief within the first ten days of being in the business. Nevertheless, I hear stories of people failing out in the first week.
3) You don’t know why. What is your personal ambition for joining, what’s your story? If you don’t have a why, you’re not going to care about failing.
4) No meetings. No one wants to go to meetings but everyone a million dollars. That’s like not going to class then complaining about a university because you didn’t graduate.
First off, the meetings are a dynamic atmosphere filled with positivity and wealth. New and old representatives should attend. Also, the more you hear about the opportunity and see others achieve the more you feel a part of the business and the more knowledgeable you are.
We all like to feel a part of something and when we feel out of the loop we quit.
5) Can’t make the training. If you’re not trained on the principles and strategy of your business what kind of results do you expect?
You are not ignoring your up-line when you avoid training, you are ignoring the opportunity.
6) Plan. When you fail to plan you plan to fail. Write down a list of folks you know or think you know and approach them first. Write down a time line of when you will have open houses and how many people will go to the meetings with you per week.
Plan to replicate yourself, plan to accomplish something different each week, plan around objections.
Most of all, plan to be trained and attend meetings so you know what plans already work.
7) You did not follow the system. If you are told to do certain things the minute you enroll in order to start getting paid, do them. If you decide to do something else- cool- be happy with the results.
8) You’re not ready for independence. Financial freedom and time independence, the ability to do what you want when you want, require great discipline and fortitude.
Its ok, independence is not for everyone. But, 99% of MLM opportunities require that people and to control their lives and make positive changes in order to live great.
9) You’re afraid of change. Cool, don’t change. MLM is not a place for excuse reconciliation.
10) It’s just some “thing” you’re doing. Why would anyone join you or be your customer if you don’t hold the opportunity in high regard.
If you treat your opportunity like a million dollar business it will reward as such.
The main principle in improving your life is doing something different than what you’ve been doing that hasn’t worked.
Any opportunity MLM or otherwise will never work for you if you maintain failed habits or excuses. With an open mind, get to a meeting next week and see how different you feel about yourself and your opportunity.