Common sales errors to avoid
Sales is a game of errors and mistakes, but these commons errors need to be avoided.
Common sales errors to avoid
In sales you cannot completely avoid errors and mistakes because sales is the matter of errors and efforts. In sales you learn from your errors and your success in sales is depends on your ability to learn from errors. There are some common errors that must be avoided because these errors are like barriers in your path of success in sales. Here are the main common errors that needs to be avoided -
1. Lack of preparation and not knowing about your product. This is the most common sales error. Before trying to sell any product or service, you should get as much information as possible about your product or service. You should not only be aware about your product, but you should have enough knowledge about your competitor's product and services because during the process of sales you will face the questions about these issues.
2. Being too aggressive. Many salesmen make this mistake and try to oversell their product or service. It is good to be aggressive, but being too aggressive will kill your sales.
3. Lack of enthusiasm. Please not this saying; enthusiasm is the difference between your success and failure in sales. You should be enthusiastic about your product and service and this enthusiasm comes from your belief in product and service. If you do not believe in your product and service, then please do not try to sell it because you won't be able to sell the product or service without having a strong belief in them.
4. Confusing the prospect. When you try to oversell and when you try to give too many options to your prospects, then you are confusing the prospect and a confused prospect never buy the product or service.
5. Over talking. If you are a good salesman, then it is very easy for you to be trapped in trap of over-talking. Remember the more you talk the more you open your sales secrets towards the prospect.
6. Not listening the consumer. Without listening carefully the customer you cannot get the exact need of your consumer.
7. Selling features instead of benefits. Do you know why people buy products or services? Because they are searching solutions of their problems.
8. Not doing proper follow up. It is very rare that you can make sale in first meeting otherwise you have to do a proper follow back to prospect.
9. Lying during the sales process. Many good salesmen in the process of overselling lie with the prospect.
10. Not making long-terms relations with consumer. If you want to be successful in sales, then you need to create long-term relations with customers. And long-term relations are made when you will be available after selling the product. If you need repeat sale, then you have to provide good after sale service to the consumer.